

As most of you know, Jax had a seizure 2 weeks ago. It was a febrile seizure, which that condition is genetic (Matt had a few as a kid). It happens when their body temp. spikes quickly. Usually they aren't that bad, but of course with Jax's first one he quit breathing and turned blue. That was the very scary part. You can't perform CPR on a person during a seizure, but must wait until it finishes. Well, the seizure lasted 2 minutes, and he started turning blue right when it started. Luckily we were at a friend's house when this happened and she and another girl in my ward were a huge help. I was basically useless acting like a crazy woman. Paramedics got there 10 secs. after the seizure ended, and luckily he was able to cough up the spit he was choking on and start breathing right when the seizure ended. I was terrified for about 4 minutes, which felt like an eternity. It was the most horrible feeling to think you're child might die, and that is what was running through my head the entire time until paramedics arrived. After a quick ride in the ambulance with Matt following behind, we got to the hospital where they monitored him for a couple hours, and he took the best nap of his little life. I had to hold him the entire time. He would not let me go, and I didn't mind a bit. Doctor said that they grow out of them usually by age 5. So, for 3 more years I get to dread any time he gets a fever:( Matt took these pictures on his phone while in the hospital. We love our Jax and are very happy that he is just fine.
13 years ago




6 comments:
I feel your pain. It is the SCARIEST thing to watch your child seize and you are powerless to stop/control it. I just hope it doesn't happen again. We love you, Jax, and are so glad you are feeling better. Can't wait to see you all in one week!
Oh my gosh!! That is horrible...no mom should have to go through that. I am so glad he's okay...and hopefully you are too!!
My heart breaks seeing a child in a hospital gown. SO glad he is okay!
poor baby guy...poor you! geez, i'm glad he is fine too!!
Boor baby!! Do you know, just a couple months ago the Pace's little boy, Isaac, had one of those while Bonnie was babysitting him (do you remember Bonnie?). SO SCARY from all I heard about it. Yikes.
I am glad he's alright and that now you know what to expect if it happens again - which I REALLY hope it doesn't.
You poor thing! I'm glad everything ended ok!
Post a Comment