Tuesday, August 12, 2008

River Olympics!

At the end of July, our family went on a vacation to visit friends and family in CA.  We loved going to our old ward, HB 1st, BBQing w/friends, and hanging out with the family.  I know Matt would have to say, and I agree, that the highlight of our trip was going to Big River, CA to take part in the annual River Olympics.  I like it as well, seeing good friends and eating good food, but have to admit that it was hard to leave Molly behind at Matt's sisters'.  Though, I know Molly had a blast at Aunt Jena's, b/c she didn't even miss us.  The men of the ROs made a rule that kids older than 1 are not allowed.  I really missed Molly.  Jaxon was very good though.  Yes, it's definately more fun for the husbands if the wife has to take care of the babies while they compete.  Luckily, there were 3 other couples there with a baby, so I always had a girlfriend to talk to while feeding Jax.  Poor Matt has not been able to compete well the past 2 years b/c of long recoveries after surgery.  But, he has big plans for next year!  Our family wants to thank Ryan and Julie Hoke for allowing us to use their families place and toys, Drew and Melissa Fenn for providing the boat, Chris and Lynsey Bird for doing the grocery shopping, and Bird and Beth Bird for getting all of the prizes.  I don't have pics of the guys competing, sorry.  Actually, my pics of this fun event stink b/c I only have pics of Jax and Matt.  Enjoy!






3 comments:

kim said...

What a great family picture!

Fenn Family said...

That was a fun trip!!Hopefully we won't have to wait til next year to see you guys again...oh and I can't wait to see if you'll be bringing another NEW baby for the next River Olympics:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm trying to make a comment on every one of your posts!! I'm so glad that you and Matt came all the freaking way from Texas!! I had so much fun talking to you since we were practically inside ALL day long taking care of the babes! AKA Babies, not our husbands!!