As many of you know, Hurricane Ike graced us with its presence on Sat. Sept. 13. It hit us around 1am, and lasted until around 11:30 am. We were VERY lucky and were only without power for about 6 hours. Most of Houston is still without a power, and it's been 6 days. I was up vomiting from 11pm Friday night until 4am Sat. Luckily, I stopped. It would have been horrible to have to deal with the flu without power. Even better, no one else was sick. Anyways, I took a couple of pics from this terrible experience. One is of my having to change Jaxon's diaper by candle light. In the darker picture, I was trying to get a picture of our backyard fence during the worst part of the hurricane. I had to take the picture through the glass of the back door. I was not about to go outside and blow away. If you can see, by the tree in the corner, you can see how the fence was blown apart, and ended up blowing completely down. the last one is of Molly and her new favorite toy. Matt brought her home "Melmo", as Molly calls him, from work on Thursday. He got it for free from one of his clients (Dave and Busters). Good thing, b/c Elmo slept with her during the hurricane, and every night since then! We love Melmo!
13 years ago




5 comments:
So glad you guys are okay. Does it make you want to move back to California any more?
I'm glad you guys are ok! It didn't even dawn on me that you guys where in the middle of it!! I've never been in a hurricane, so the thought of it sounds scary!
Sorry Ginger, I tagged you...
Ginger!!! I got sad that I hadn't talked to you for so long, and I sent a card to Huntington Beach (thought you still lived there)...never heard back, so I figured you had moved - glad you found us! Hope you are well! We are in LA now for grad school. Adam is getting his MBA. Good to see you guys again!
I know Jaxon has his legs up, but he still looks crazy long!! How long/tall is he? Jaxon's gonna be tall when he's older!!!
Post a Comment