Monday, April 13, 2009

Holy Crap! 5 Years Already?




Time certainly flies when you're married to Matt Olmstead! :) On April 2, Matty and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. I can't believe it. It really has gone by so fast. It really feels as though our first date, a blind date, was just yesterday. I will forever be grateful to the leaders in our wards who set us up on the blind date for a combined Pierside/Seacliff ward dating activity. Who knew? Certainly neither of us... at first:) I love Matt more now than I did 5 years ago. I love him for the wonderful father he is to our 2 amazing children. I love him for the kind, caring person he is to his friends and family. I love him for the way he works hard to support our family both financially and spiritually. I love him b/c he makes me want to be a better wife and mother. I love him! For our anniversary, he surprised me with a weekend trip to Santa Barbara. I had never been there, and was in need of a little vacation. He arranged with his sister for her to come up and watch the kids for the weekend (Thanks, Jena!). Trust me, two kids 2 years and under can be a headache at times. It was the first time that I had ever been away from my kids like that, but I must admit, I had a blast. We enjoyed massages, walking around the beach, shopping, laying by the pool, visiting the old mission and court house, and spending time together just the two of us. Thanks, Babe! You are my greatest blessing.

3 comments:

kim said...

What an awesome time! I'm jealous. Russell actually missed ours this year (he thought it was a few days later). Ging, you look great.

Lynsey said...

How fun! You do need some time away!

eliza said...

so great. maybe one of these days alex and i can take a vacation...