Monday, April 13, 2009

Jax is 1!






Our little (but big) guy is now 1! he turned 1 on March 29th (same day as his Aunts Kathie and Kellie).  We just kept it small by having just Matt's parents and brother over for dinner.  I cooked grilled chicken with mango salsa, steamed broccoli ("blocki" as Molly calls it), and fresh bread.  It was yummy, and Jaxon ate every bit of his chicken and mango salsa.  He then got to strip down to his pampy and dig into his birthday cupcake.  He made a mess, and had a blast doing so:)  I can't believe he's already one.  The past year has gone by so fast.  He had a dramatic time when he first came into the world, but after getting out of that NICU, he hasn't stopped doing anything (eating, growing, laughing, more eating, and more growing, etc.) :)  At his 1 year check up, he weighed 24 lbs.  For the first time since birth, he was not off the charts in weight.  He's only 60% in weight.  Though, his head and height are still off the charts.  I love this kid so much!  He looks more and more like his daddy each day which means he is going to woo the ladies when he gets older.  He is a big boy, but is actually a very mild mannered kid.  He loves to cuddle, which I love!  And did I mention that he has the best laugh/giggle in the world?  Matt, Molly, and I love him to death.  Oh, for his birthday he got a wagon which he loves to take rides in.  We love you, Jaxon Emery!

2 comments:

kim said...

What a sweet boy! We had a great birthday for Larson also. Hopefully, they will grow up to be great friends and cousins as they are only 6 days apart.

eliza said...

i can't believe he's already 1! i love the cupcake idea.