Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Let's Go Yankees!

Yansksscript3.gif

Babe.jpgMattingly2.JPG.jpg


derek2.JPG.jpgimgres.jpg


YankeeStadium06.jpg

(I know the pics aren't showing up.  I've tried to fix it a couple times, but no luck.  It'll have to do without the pics.  Sorry.) These past 2 days, Yankee Stadium has been the site of the MLB's All-Star Weekend.  As you all know, Matt LOVES baseball, and The Yankees are his team:)  This All-Star weekend is extra special this year b/c this is the last year that Yankee Stadium will be used.  Next season, The Yankees will play in their new stadium, and "the house that Ruth built" will most likely be torn down.  When Matt and I first started dating, I knew nothing about baseball, and thought that it was quite boring.  Things have definately changed.  I now love The Yankees, and baseball.  That is one of my most favorite things about Matt, his passion for the sport and his Yanks.  Watching the All-Star game tonight, I was smiling from ear to ear b/c I realized that The Yankees and the sport of baseball really are as American as you can get with sports.  I love that.  I know it sounds silly, but there's something about going to a game, eating a good hotdog, sipping some lemonade, and then snacking on those roasted peanuts that I love.  All the fans are cheering, and then when we all stand and sing "Take Me Out to the Ball game" for the 7th inning stretch.  I love it, and I love doing it with Matt.  Anyways, I just wanted to put this for Matt.  I love all of his Yankee jerseys, hats, and t-shirts.  And Yes!  both of my babies have Yankee onesies.  Molly even has matching ankle socks with the Yankees logo on them.  I look forward to the day when i will walk into the den to see each of my kids watching the yankees with their dad.  All of them wearing their Yankee gear, of course!  So, go Yankees, and I love you Matt!  (The players in the picture are Babe Ruth, Don Mattingly(Matt's all-time favorite Yankee, and Derek Jeter- shortstop for the Yankees, and Matt's favorite current Yankee)

2 comments:

Katie said...

So I think I told you this already, but Mia and I met Derek Jeter in Puerto Rico and got a picture with him. Also our brother inlaw just won tickets to an all paid for trip to the all star game in New York! Ya jealous? LOL, the lucky dog! Hotel everything paid for.

jhasay said...

Ging, where did you get your cute blog design? Was it free? Was it easy? Let me know. It's so cute.

Jenny